Creating Beautiful Smiles in a Safe Environment
New Safety Equipment
- Safety Shields: We have installed safety shields in areas where patients & staff need to interact closely, such as at the lobby check-in area.
- Central Air Cleaners: You will not see it, but we have installed a central air cleaner that works throughout the office. This is a dedicated exhaust system installed by a professional team that builds hospital infection units. It cleans air every 4-6 minutes and exhausts it out with two exhaust fans on the roof. This will provide fresh air and provide negative pressure for all of our procedure rooms.
- Air Ionizer: We also installed a Nucalgon iWave Air Ionizer that kills bacteria and viruses throughout the office every 4-6 minutes. This will provide clean, infection-free air.
- Aerosol Suction Machines: High-end aerosol suction machines are in the process of being fabricated for our offices and will soon be installed. The External Oral Suction V105 quickly suctions and filters spray, aerosol, bacteria & viruses. The filtration rate exceeds 99%. These are called “security guards” for patients, doctors, hygienists and assistants during dental procedures.
New Protocols – What to Expect When You Come in…
- Questionnaire: You’ll be asked to complete a simple questionnaire when you make your appointment. Please answer with honesty and keep everyone’s welfare in mind.
- Mouth Rinse: You will be given a Hydrogen Peroxide mouth rinse to use before arriving at your appointment.
- Questionnaire: You’ll be asked to same questionnaire again on the day of your appointment. This is for your and our safety as well as for extra precaution. We apology for any inconvenience. IN long term we all will be happy and safe.
- Wait in Car until Appointment Time / No Guests: Please wait in your car until your appointment time, as seating in our waiting room is not available. Also our offices are open to patients only; any guests will need to wait in their cars.
- Sign on Front Door: YOU will see a “Stop: Do Not Enter” sign on the front door if:
- You are experiencing symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, aches/pains, unusual shortness of breath or a lost sense of smell or taste.
- You have traveled internationally or domestically to an area with significant or ongoing transmission of Corona virus within the last 14 days.
- You have had direct exposure to someone with a confirmed or suspected case of Corona virus.
- Temperature with No-Contact Thermometer: Your temperature will be taken with a digital, no-contact thermometer before you enter the office. If it’s above normal, your appointment will be rescheduled so you can see a doctor.
- Hand Sanitizer: You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office, and hand sanitizer is also available throughout the office.
What’s Going on Behind the Scenes to Enhance Your Safety
- Limited Appointments: To adhere to guidelines we are limiting appointments to only a few patients in the office at a time. We are seeing about 50% of the patients we normally see until new guidelines are issued.
- Cleaning: Our doctors and staff are implementing faithful hand-washing as well as systematic cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces.
- Protective Gear: Our team is wearing face shields, High filtration Masks (Equal to N95), head covers, gowns, shoe covers and other protective gear.
- Knowledgeable Doctors & Staff: Our doctors & staff are up-to-date on the latest infection control recommendations per the American Dental Association (ADA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other associations, so you can feel relaxed that you are receiving treatment in a safe environment.
We want you to know that the doctors and staff at Winterset Dental Care are doing everything we can to emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic better and stronger. We have spared no expense or effort in upgrading our office, equipment and internal systems to help ensure our patients and staff experience the utmost in safety.
We feel greatly appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you soon!
– Dr. Anil K Agarwal and the Winterset Dental Care Team